Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Used Books and Art Supplies - Hoo Rah!



I definitely see trouble on the horizon for this weekend. Delightful trouble, but trouble all the same.

Locust Grove is having its three-day Spring Used Book Sale (although it is 19 degrees right now and hardly springlike). This and the sale the historic home hosts in the late summer are my favorite places to find treasures...and I have found many.

I really must load up a sack of books to donate to the cause like I did for the sale last August. I think I donated six books and came away with eight. A net gain, of course.

Paperback books are a dollar; hardcovers go for two dollars. Last year I thought to take one of the ubiquitous cloth shopping bags I have come to acquire and it made it so much more comfortable for carrying around my finds. 

I can hardly wait to see what surprises are in store for me! 

Also on hand this weekend is a Materials Expo at my favorite art supply store. A chance to see how many more art supplies - my latest obsession -  I can find to keep on my kitchen table and still have room enough to eat my supper.



2 comments:

  1. I want to live where you live (except for the 19 degrees part)! Two of my very favorite things: art supplies and used books. Good for you donating a stack to make way for a new stack. I am feverishly trying to read through many of the books I've collected over the last couple of years, and then pass the ones I don't plan to reread on to good homes. As for art supplies, let's just say I have an armoire devoted to art supplies, and that I have more than I know what to do with, but that doesn't stop me from coveting more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kathy, I am jealous of your art-filled armoire. My art supplies are spread out on the kitchen table or stashed in two rather large tote bags. It looks like it will be a busy, and no doubt expensive, weekend. One can never have too many books or pots of paint!

      I came across a book at the library entitled 'Organizing Your Craft Space' by Jo Packham. It has lovely photos and some good ideas for keeping all your supplies corralled and ready for use when the muse strikes. You might like it.

      Delete