Wednesday, February 19, 2014

In Which Alan Lightman Takes on The Universe


A new book has caught my interest. I discovered it in the library's e-book collection.

It is The Accidental Universe: The World You Thought You Knew by physicist and novelist Alan Lightman. I like the way Mr. Lightman thinks and writes. His Einstein's Dreams is one of my favorites. See my post on 'The One That Got Away' here. I also read and wrote on his book Mr. g. In Mr. Lightman's hands, Mr. g decides to create the universe after waking up from a nap. You can read that post here.

His latest book is a series of seven essays in which he explores the many universes within our one universe: universes he calls Accidental, Temporary, Spiritual, Symmetrical, Gargantuan, Lawful and Disembodied. 

I like a book that helps me look at science and the world in a new way. Mr. Lightman's thoughts are sure to get me thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment