Thursday, November 21, 2013

Eureka! A Reading Pillow That Works


The Pyramid Reading Pillow  

I have written a few times about the frustration of not being able to find a comfortable pillow designed for reading in bed. 

That quest has come to a successful end. I am not one to tout products, but I do want to tell you about the Pyramid Pillow from Levenger.com. Instead of holding me, this pillow is designed to hold a book - paper or electronic - in my lap, on a desk, or in bed.

I love this pillow. It has a canvas cover, is filled like a beanbag, is lightweight, and has pockets to hold reading glasses, phone, or pen and paper. It even comes with its own screen-cleaning cloth. It measures about 10 inches wide by 12 inches deep by 9 inches high. 

I can snuggle down in my bed, covers up to my chin, with my head propped up on pillows and rest this gem on my chest. My Kindle fits perfectly on the 'ledge' on one side of the pillow and is held at a comfortable angle for reading. I like my Kindle for reading in bed as I can increase the font size and can actually see the words on the page, er, screen. 

A plus for me, besides the above, is that this small pillow sits on my bedside table holding the Kindle when I am not using it. I never could figure out where to put those bed rest pillows during the day. They were not very attractive and were so bulky they were difficult to store. 

If you are interested in this companion to your nighttime reading, it is item number FA4235. It also comes in a tan/gray color (which isn't as attractive as my black/gray one). It costs $39. Levenger seems to always have some sort of sale going on so you could keep an eye out for a bargain. When I bought mine a few weeks ago, it was on sale and I got it for $34 including shipping.

Who knew that a little pillow could make me so happy!



2 comments:

  1. How cool! My husband's only complaint about his Kindle Fire is that it's heavy. Might be a good Christmas present.

    Reading in bed is really one of life's best pleasures, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kathy, the Kindle Fire is heavy. This little pillow solves that problem and the reading-in-bed-comfortably quandary as well. I have used it for out-of-the-bed reading and find it works great in-chair too!

      Delete