Thursday, April 25, 2013

Abraham Lincoln by Senator George S. McGovern



I rented Steven Spielberg's movie Lincoln and in preparation for watching it I thought I would read the biography of our sixteenth president written by Senator George McGovern for the American Presidents Series.

You can read how I came to have an autographed copy of the biography, Abraham Lincolnhere

It is an overview of the life and times of this most admired and respected president all presented in 155 pages. (This suits me as I don't need to know Lincoln's shoe size or what he ate for breakfast or how many whiskers were on his chin.) I spent the morning reading about his early life, his rise in political circles, and am just now getting to his presidency and the Civil War. 

The book is quite well written and although I know a little of this and a little of that about Mr. Lincoln, I am enjoying reading this thoughtful record of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment