Sunday, March 24, 2013

Two new mysteries to solve

March has been a month for beginning books and abandoning them at the flip of a page. And books by some of my favorite authors at that! Oh well, I am just in a slump but will Keep Calm and Carry on Reading.

Two more titles on my library reserve list have shown up: 


The Woman Who Wouldn't Die by Colin Cotterill -  This is the ninth mystery in the Dr. Siri stories that take place in the 1970s in The People's Democratic Republic of Laos. Dr. Siri is the aging national coroner with an attitude and something exciting (and usually humorous) always happens during his investigations. A favorite night-time read.


Orchestrated Death by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles - This is the first in a series that introduces British police inspector Bill Slider. I may have had this in hand at one time but I don't remember. Nonetheless,  this is quite a popular series and I will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment