Thursday, February 7, 2013

Literary Crushes



Cornflower has invited us into her heart...she has a literary crush on Atticus Finch, Scout's father in To Kill a Mockingbird. Well, really, who doesn't? He is honest, thoughtful, kind, and wise. A terrific combination. And he loves to read.

I have crushes on so many characters. To name a few:

Inspector Maigret  
So clever and yet somewhat brooding. I would love to sit in a Parisian cafe, perhaps Cafe de Flore or maybe a more intimate one, and ask him about the many mysteries he has solved. And the delightful fragrance of his pipe...

Lord Peter Wimsey  
What can I say? I have a fondness for the aristocratic sleuth and his knack of solving mysteries for fun. I would love to tootle around London with him chasing down clues.

D'Artagnan  
One of the Three Musketeers. So romantic and full of life. Things would never be dull with this swordsman around. Plus, I could practice my French.

Jeeves and Bertie Wooster  
Ah, another aristocratic character and his faithful manservant. Everyone needs a good friend such as Bertie to keep one laughing and a good man such as Jeeves to serve one tea and scones...and get one out of sticky situations.

Who is on your list of fictional sweethearts?

No comments:

Post a Comment