Friday, November 16, 2012

Making a List...





As often happens, I have been too quick to pat myself on the back. Of the fifteen books I bought on the Grand Southern Literary Tour, I was thinking I had read almost all of them. After finishing The American Plague I see I have seven more to go. There are three books of essays; Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg (which I have read numerous times); a book of humorous pieces by James Thurber; a family memoir by William Faulkner's niece; and Writers of the American South which features photos and text about writers and their residences.

Whew. I don't think I will make it through all of them by the end of the year as I had hoped. 

So I am going to be ruthless and pick two on which to concentrate: Every Day by the Sun by Dean Faulkner Wells and Thurber's Lanterns and Lances.

I will keep the book on literary landscapes of Southern writers by my chair to remind me to browse through it. Anyway, I don't think it is one that I would sit down and read all the way through. 

Besides, it might give me ideas for a Grand Southern Literary Tour Part Two. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment