Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My reading list for October






I am finally moving on from the delightful gardens of Beverley Nichols. This month, I am going to head out to the baseball diamond and then I will explore a castle.

In October, I am determined to read Calico Joe by John Grisham. As this is an exciting baseball month - the playoffs culminating in the World Series - I feel it is only fitting to read a book about the Great American Pastime.

Calico Joe is a book I purchased from Square Books in Oxford, Mississippi on my Grand Southern Literary Tour in May. It is autographed by Mr. Grisham. I have not read anything by this very popular author but I couldn't resist buying this one as I do love baseball. Calico Joe is a rookie AA player who becomes the idol of every kid with a ball and a bat. That's all I know about it for now.


As far as the next book on my list for this month, it will be I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. I have owned this very famous book for some time. I have even read 50 pages or so. Then I put it down and, to my chagrin, never picked it up again. I will start again at the beginning.

I am committed to reading I Capture the Castle. One reason is that I remember being enchanted by the story (so far) and the other is that the movie stars Bill Nighy (I have a crush on him) as the father and I want to see him in it. I will read the book first, though, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment