Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween and October Recap

Unknown, Still Life with Pumpkin, Book, and Sweet Potato, c.1855
daguerreotype with applied colouring, 6.3 x 5.1 cm, Smithsonian American Art Museum

Here is the recap for October:

Books Read: 8

Author events: 2 -- Hannah Rosin (The End of Men) and Camille Paglia (Glittering Images). Also enjoyed celebrity chef Tyler Florence at The Incredible Food Show in Lexington. He has written quite a few cookbooks (which I would never read) and I found him to be down-to-earth and engaging.

Still reading: Billy Boyle by James R. Benn (a WWII mystery that I am reading on my Nook) and I Capture the Castle (which I planned on reading entirely in October but didn't. Now it is on my November reading list).

Books returned to the library unread: 3

Number of pumpkins carved: 0








No comments:

Post a Comment