Thursday, June 7, 2012

So long, Ray.

Ray Bradbury
1920-2012
I always thought of Ray Bradbury as being quite a character. I enjoyed reading Something Wicked This Way Comes and Dandelion Wine. Also, the prose in The Martian Chronicles took my breath away. What a fertile, creative mind.

And then of course, Fahrenheit 451. What a nightmare tale for a lover of books. Just the idea of putting out there the temperature at which books burn makes me shudder. One should never have to know that.

The ending of the movie starring the lovely Julie Christie, with people walking about reciting over and over the book they had memorized, is one that I often think of. I wonder which book I would choose to commit to memory? What book would I want to live with every day?

I never have been able to decide.

What would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment