Friday, May 25, 2012

A Smarter Smart Phone



I recently upgraded my old smart phone for an even smarter one. It has a huge screen which I love. I downloaded my Nook app and today as I was waiting in a coffee shop between appointments I started reading Crome Yellow by Aldous Huxley. It was his first novel and it was published in 1921.

I can't remember now where I read about this book that pokes fun at British customs of that time. It is a country house novel and promises to be witty and engaging.

Crome is the name of the manor.

I have had it on my Nook for some time now, but have never been able to read it on that device. I always got an error message so I was surprised and pleased to be able to get the text on my phone.

It is a short novel and it was free. How great is that. And don't you just love the cover photo that I found?

No comments:

Post a Comment