Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two for the weekend




I picked up The Story of English in 100 Words by David Crystal at the library today. I requested it a while ago and now I can't remember why or where I even heard about it. I feel as if I am the first to get this copy, though, as the date stamped on the top is April 02, 2012. I will give a report at a later date.

On my way out of the library, even though I tried to keep my blinders on, I spotted Amy Ephron's Loose Diamonds, a book of life stories and memories that I had just read about on Frisbee: a book journal. I have not read this Ephron sister before, but I dearly adore Nora.  Vanity Fair called it "Glamorously gritty." What a wonderful phrase.

So I am all set for a bit of dipping into words this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment