Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Travel plans go topsy-turvey

Old Capitol Building
Jackson, Mississippi
1940
My Grand Southern Literary Tour itinerary has gone topsy-turvey but it will work out for the best. I think. Instead of starting our trip with a stay in Nashville and ending with a stay in Oxford, Mississippi my traveling companion and I are heading straight for Oxford (which is a full day's drive) and ending up our tour in Nashville and then a short ride on home. That way after the first big push, the travel time between cities will be three hours or so.

I am sorry to say, we decided to abort the leg of the trip that included the John James Audubon museum that I mentioned yesterday. We will save that for another time.

So instead of reading today, I have spent hours on the phone and my computer rearranging dates and reservations. Fortunately all the hotels that I had carefully chosen could accommodate us on the different nights. I even went a little crazy and upgraded our room in Memphis at the Madison Hotel to one with a river view.

I don't go on vacation to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment