Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mystery Solved


Finished Death of a Cozy Writer and well before the deadline. I thought it was great. The characters were just weird enough to entertain but not so bizarre as to annoy. There were twists and turns and although the solution to the murders seemed to come in a rush, I didn't care. The motive was quite convoluted having to do with money and sex...imagine that!

(That certainly shouldn't give anything away.)

My library has G.M.Galliet's second St. Just mystery in e-book form: Death of a Chick Lit. Chapter One, which so conveniently is at the end of the Cozy Writer book, shows the same wit and solid writing as the first. There is trouble afoot and I am there.

I downloaded another library e-book Cool, Calm, & Contentious by Merrill Markoe. The process was much less fraught with anxiety than the first time I used this service. C,C, & C is a new book of humorous essays by the award-winning writer for Late Night with David Letterman. She has written a couple of novels none of which I have read.  I have no idea where I stumbled across this title, but Markoe sounds like of woman of good humor and high spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment