Sunday, April 22, 2012

Books in my Nook



Was excited to find that my library has e-books of short stories by Eudora Welty and William Faulkner. So I have downloaded both onto my Nook and will have them for the trip. I was surprised that both were available as e-books. How lucky for me.

I must get in the habit of checking the library's e-book collection more often.

I was catching up on my blog reading and found that I missed Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon which was held yesterday (Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon). I am sorry I missed it, but apparently there will be another one in October. I will put it on my calendar because it sounds like fun.

This year some 400 bloggers read for 24 hours, posted their progress to their blogs, and read other readers' blogs. There were also mini-challenges throughout the day. The website carried hourly encouragements and progress reports.

Some bloggers read one book all day, others seem to hop, skip, and jump about. Food is prepared; snacks are at the ready; piles of books are made.

What a great way to spend 24 hours: read, eat, nap, and read some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment