Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Bit of Breath Between Books.


I am letting myself breathe a bit between books. I finished three that I had been reading at one time. I just can't decide what to start next. I am not sure what I am in the mood for: essays about Paris, the English gardens of Merry Hall, a scientific research project in South America, a murder in Nashville?

So I dawdle.

I have spent some time wandering around Project Gutenberg. Oh my, what a treasure-house. (I downloaded Elizabeth and Her German Garden by Elizabeth von Arnim. There's another choice of a book to start.) So many authors and books waiting for my attentions. I have to be careful or I will download so many that I will forget which ones I have. I will say though that I was thrilled to find shelves of P.G. Wodehouse books. And Agatha Christie, Charles Dickens, essays by Montaigne, Emerson, and Steele and Addison.

Philosophers, poets, and playwrights. Fairy tales, travels, and translations.

Incredible. A course in the classics at my fingertips. Presented with so many choices makes my decision on what to read next absolutely mind-boggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment