Friday, March 9, 2012

Stash from the Stacks

Quick trip to the library today. Two books: Dead Beat by Patricia Hall. Hall is the author of the reporter Laura Ackroyd mysteries (none of which I have read). This particular book introduces photographer Kate O'Donnell and takes place in London's Soho and Liverpool during the 1960s.


Dead Beat (Creme De La Crime) (Hardcover) ~ Patricia Hall Cover Art
The second book is Balzac's Omelette - A delicious tour of French food and culture with Honore de Balzac by Anka Muhlstein. The yellow cover attracted me as yellow covers sometimes do. It looks like it will be fun.


Am on the verge of finishing The Story of Charlotte's Web. It is a lovely book and I can see a time in my near future of re-reading not only CW but also dipping into White's essays. I am surely set up for a reading retreat weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment