Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sunshine in My Cart

A trip to Costco usually takes me past its book tables. Of course. I try to abstain from tossing - well, gently placing - a new book in the cart. But Monday I couldn't resist these two.

The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker and Everyday in Tuscany by Frances Mayes.

The first one appealed to me for many reasons. First, the cover is darling. Second, I am from Kentucky and do consider myself a Queen. Third, the author recently spoke at the independent bookstore down the street from me. Unfortunately I was unable to attend, but glad to see that Ms. Whitaker, who is from Kentucky and now lives in Manhattan, was on tour and being supported by Kentucky booksellers.


The second book I bought because I toured Tuscany for two weeks in September 2010 and am totally enthralled with all things Italian. Also, I have Mayes' first book Under the Tuscan Sun and although I haven't read it, I thought to myself, "Oh good. Now I will have two of her books." A true booklover's reasoning.

And finally, I bought the books because it was a gloomy, rainy day and the yellow and blue on both covers cheered me up immensely.

Happy January, Belle!

No comments:

Post a Comment